Costco Travel Insurance is a comprehensive travel insurance policy that can help protect you against unexpected events that may occur before, during, or after your trip. The policy includes coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption, medical expenses, lost or delayed baggage, and more.
Trip cancellation coverage can help you recover the cost of your trip if you are unable to travel due to a covered reason, such as a medical emergency, a death in the family, or a natural disaster.
Trip interruption coverage can help you recover the cost of your trip if you are forced to cut your trip short due to a covered reason.
Medical expense coverage can help you pay for medical expenses that you incur while traveling, such as doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and prescription medications.
Lost or delayed baggage
Lost or delayed baggage coverage can help you replace lost or delayed luggage.
Costco Travel Insurance also includes coverage for other events, such as travel delays, missed connections, and rental car damage.
The cost of Costco Travel Insurance varies depending on the length of your trip, your destination, and your age. You can get a quote for Costco Travel Insurance online or by calling Costco Travel.
To purchase Costco Travel Insurance:
- Go to the Costco Travel website.
- Click on the “Travel Insurance” tab.
- Enter your trip details.
- Select the coverage options that you want.
- Review your quote and purchase your policy.
Important things to know about Costco Travel Insurance:
- The policy has a number of limitations and exclusions. Be sure to read the policy carefully before you purchase it.
- You must purchase Costco Travel Insurance within 21 days of making your initial trip payment in order to be eligible for the waiver of pre-existing medical condition exclusion.
- Costco Travel Insurance is not available to residents of New York.
Is Costco Travel Insurance worth it?
Whether or not Costco Travel Insurance is worth it depends on your individual circumstances. If you are traveling to a remote destination or if you have a pre-existing medical condition, then Costco Travel Insurance may be a good investment. However, if you are traveling to a popular destination and you are in good health, then you may be able to get by without travel insurance.
Here are some additional tips for getting the most out of Costco Travel Insurance:
- Read the policy carefully and understand the coverage options.
- Make sure that you purchase the right level of coverage for your needs.
- Keep a copy of your policy in a safe place.
- File a claim promptly if you experience a covered event.